Here's another fabulous project you can do in five minutes and it's appropriately fall-themed (even though it's warm and muggy here in Massachusetts!) – take a look
This card uses the wonderful Inspired By Nature stamp set. I reach for this double mounted (one block, two stamps on either side) set often because its large size allows me to get a lot of impact with little effort. And I used both sides on this card to get some depth with the grass in the background and the flowers in the foreground. Let's try something new today – here are the step by step instructions.
1. Ink blades of grass stamp with Pear Pizzazz and stamp off on scrap paper and then onto Whisper White panel; repeat steps to cover panel from side to side. If desired, stamp small section of Whisper White scrap the same way for greeting.
2. Color flowers stamp with Old Olive, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip markers; "huff" on the entire stamp to moisten ink and stamp over grass.
3. Punch Decorative Label shape from More Mustard and Pear Pizzazz scraps. Cut center section out of More Mustard punchie and reassemble (with a piece of tape or scrap adhered to back) forming narrower shape. Trim off ends of Pear Pizzazz punchie and adhere behind More Mustard punchie to form "frame".
4. Stamp greeting of choice – mine is from one of my favorite sets Teeny Tiny Wishes – on scrap of Whisper White with Chocolate Chip marker. TIP: When you use markers to color small images sometimes the ink will pool in the tiny spaces. To prevent blobs and blots on your image, purse your lips as if you are going to blow out a birthday candle and blow a gust of air onto the inked stamp. This will pop any "ink bubbles" and move the ink out of the spaces.
5. Punch greeting out with 1 1/4" Circle Punch and adhere over Decorative Label assembly; adhere greeting assembly to design with Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. Layer design onto More Mustard panel; layer onto Pear Pizzazz card.
The wonderful thing about this card is that you can do this in ANY color and it will look fabulous! And it's perfect for any occasion depending on the greeting and your color selection. What would you use it for?
Now, here's something YOU need to do! If you liked seeing the step by step instructions for the project and would like to see MORE instructions posted with projects, you must leave me a comment telling me so. I LOVE the emails but leaving your comments or questions in the comments area means that I always have the topics tied together. So go ahead – if you want more of these, tell me! I will start adding them to the Friday Fab in Five projects and anywhere else it makes the best sense.
CARDSTOCK: Whisper White, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz
STAMPS: Inspired By Nature, Teeny Tiny Wishes
MARKERS AND INK: More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Markers,
Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Ink Pad
ACCESSORIES: Decorative Label Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals